We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998) sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your name, company, address, phone number, email address, credit/debit card details);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; and we will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit again.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
(3) Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you marketing communications (relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you) by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology and we will give you the chance to refuse marketing email from us or from any third party at any time;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing without your express consent.
All our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services providers. You should provide your personal information to them only after reviewing their privacy policies. We will share information with payment providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website.
(4) Other disclosures
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any of our agents, suppliers or subcontractors (but only as reasonably necessary for our purposes as set out above); and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
(5) International data transfers
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), information you provide may be transferred to countries that do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
(6) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential.
(7) Policy amendments
(8) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
(9) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.